My photo
Making moves, taking chances, and enjoying what life brings me along the way.

29.3.11

Hungry?

Hola Amigos,
 
Life is swell despite my lack of sleep this week (we went out salsa dancing with our Colombian friends until the 7 am metro again- Woops!). I feel like I'm back in Morocco; the sun is shining and warm, the breeze is lovely, and I've got my feet propped up on our (not so luxurious but still convenient) balcony. Hip hip hooray for 70 degree weather in March (although the old lady with the purple hair at the bus stop told me I should cover up or I'll get sick like her daughter. I'm thinking maybe her daughter got sick because of how her mother's lips match her dye job).

Back tracking as always, lets show you some lovely food I've been cooking up lately. On Mardi Gras, I made homemade Jambalaya with fresh sausage. My one roommate thought I was trying to kill her with the spices; then again, she thought my chili was spicy and it definitely wasn't the most thrilling I've tasted.

When I returned from the fatty foods in Strasbourg, I decided to make stir-fry. It's been a while, there's fresh ginger at our market here, and it's relatively easy. Yummy yummy in my tummy.

Finally, last week I attempted couscous. Morocco really has a hold on me to say the least.

More to come in the future; bon appetit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment