My photo
Making moves, taking chances, and enjoying what life brings me along the way.

2.12.10

When Did I Get So Old?

As I walked home from the bus in the slush-ice mixture this afternoon, I thought to myself, "When did I get so old?" Thinking back on my day, I noticed how I told the kids to stop stomping in the slush while waiting for the teacher to take them into class. Stomping on ice was my favorite activity if there wasn't any snow left to build anything...so, why am I suddenly the Scrouge? Maybe because they were getting me wet with the slush? Or maybe I'm slowly losing my imagination and need to refrain from being such a serious person. The child in me did return though! Thirty minutes into class, as I was teaching weather, one boy took his imagination and ran wild. With each type of weather, I demonstrated an action to help them remember. "Windy" involves flailing your arms about and going "Shoooo" or "Feeeeooo." He must have decided that he was in a Category 5 hurricane, because he was flailing all about and bumping into other kids and desks. Is is bad that both the teacher and I started bursting out laughing? I hope I can control myself tomorrow when the Head of the Lyon Academy comes to observe the classes.

In other news, as some of you might already know, it snowed here. I'm going to guesstimate that it was around seven inches. Although I already didn't have to go to school, I was still able to enjoy the snowy day!
 (Outside my bedroom window Tuesday night)
 (Our "garden")
 (Velo'v bikes covered in snow)
 (Pretty fountain in the 6th arrondissement)

 (on the Quai of the Rhône)
 (Attempting to go sledding)


 (My French snowman)

(Success! We found the perfect spot!)

Hope you all are keeping warm at home! Now that I've seen snow AND it's December, I can officially play Christmas music, make excuses to buy more presents, and wear fluffy snow boots without heels! We're off to the Christmas market now! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment