My photo
Making moves, taking chances, and enjoying what life brings me along the way.

14.9.11

I've Got A Rumblin' In My Belly

Kids songs have gotten the best of me. I was about to write "Hello, Hellooooo" and then the Dragon Tales song I've been using in class for the past week popped into my head. I guess I'll just have to omit any sort of English greeting for a while.

Life is starting to get a bit organized here ( although I'm not sure if making habits is a good or bad thing still). I rejoined my gym from last year, met up with a bunch of my coworkers from last year, and walked around town all weekend. I discovered my second favorite ice cream spot in the world (Sundaes Best still remains #1) with my new roommate, Anna. I also stumbled upon a paddle-board ("stand up surf" in French) competition on the Rhône Saturday afternoon (which I ended up watching for three hours. This may or may not have been because there were so many good-looking, half-naked French men in one spot. Where did they hide all of last year?!)


Moving on, I headed to the local market on Monday and spent more than I ever have in the past year. You would have thought I never ate all weekend. I decided to try to make my own pesto last night. A huge success although I had to peel a cup of almonds since I didn't have pine nuts at hand. It took longer to do that than make the actual pesto, my dinner, and today's lunch. The next goal? Artichokes! I'll let you know how my battle goes next week!

YUM!

My spinach, Portobello mushroom, and roasted red pepper panini with pesto and mozzarella cheese on fresh baguette!

Spinach Pesto

Enjoy the rest of your week! I'll leave you with my favorite conversation thus far:
"Here you go" (handing me a plate of plastic toy food)
"Thank you! Is this for me?"
"Well yeah! It's your birthday! Your Mommy is going to be so proud."

No comments:

Post a Comment