My photo
Making moves, taking chances, and enjoying what life brings me along the way.

18.3.12

DI-NO-SAUR!

Good Evening Sunshine!

I hope you are soaking up those rays and enjoying the warmer temperatures. Unfortunately, the sneak peek at springtime came to an end today. The winds were pointing to Mr. Rain's arrival but I didn't want to believe it was true. Tut tut it looks like rain for the whole week. Welp.

But we shall not dwell on the negative! Instead, let's look at some marvelous pictures over a cup of Irish coffee.

Last week Tania treated us to some of her homemade Bulgarian soup. Tania taught us that most Bulgarian soups have rice and are not pureed together. Each ingredient is present in it's secondary (finely chopped) form. 
Spices, carrots, peppers, ground beef meatballs, and rice!

Tania, Alice, and Doriane
As promised, here are a few photos of our grands oeuvres de dinosaures! They had to correctly assemble the dinosaur bone outline, cover the bones with pasta, and then cover him up with some dirt. We like messy crafts in my class!



And now, the infamous Shape-o-sauruses! The kids had to tell me the color and shape they wanted in English before being able to glue the pieces together.


Hello there!

RAWR

Window clings
We are now focusing on the circus! Last week we talked about the stereotypical animals found at a circus. This week we will talk about clowns, acrobats, and tight rope walkers. They ask me every day if it is finally the day for our circus field trip. Countdown: 1 week, 1 day. 

Coloring patterns. Woohoo pre-math skills :)

Our classroom circus tent

So this week we decided to haul out the plastic red wagons for the kids. I pulled them around for a bit and then pretended to be/really was exhausted after a while. I decided to joke around with them and went to sit down in a wagon, asking for them to pull me for a bit. One of my students, who doesn't speak very often (even in his native French), goes: "Mais maitresse, t'es trop grosse" / "But teacher, you're too fat."

I've decided that if you want an honest opinion, you must ask your fellow three year-old. He or she will most definitely tell you when your new bangs look ridiculous, your newly painted nails look like you haven't washed your hands since the last arts and crafts project, and most certainly, that you look fat in that dress/skirt/pair of jeans.


Finally, after a week full of searching around Lyon for papers needed for the Department of Labor, I decided to treat myself to ice cream from the newly re-opened Terre Adélice in Vieux Lyon. They have wonderfully bizarre flavors like Sun Dried Tomato, Cucumber, and Basil Lemon. I think they win the award for variety of flavors; however, Nardone still wins the creamy consistency award. All of this ice cream talk brings me to a funny read the other day. Emily will be going on an exchange to Ohio with her high school students in a few weeks. In the information packet she was given, one very important fact of American life went something like this: "Americans LOVE their ice cream. They will often eat a cup of ice cream for dessert after a meal of hot dogs, hamburgers, or steak. " What would you write about yourself to prepare a Frenchie for two weeks in America?

Alright well I must leave you with some music and call it a night. First, we have the lovely Florence and the Machine with my new favorite, Heartlines. Second, the Boss and his new single, We Take Care Of Our Own.

Out and Over,
LPP

Double rainbow
If there was such a thing as a French leprechaun, there wouldn't be a pot of gold at the end of his rainbow, but rather a number and a name of another person you must contact in order to ask to retrieve paperwork for your I.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment