My photo
Making moves, taking chances, and enjoying what life brings me along the way.

8.3.12

Charming Chambéry

So after a week full of treasure hunting, plank walking, and other fun with my mateys, I was able to relax and slow down. Monday I decided to venture off for the day to Chambéry which is located a mere hour away from Lyon. You can't really beat a 16 euro get-a-way.


Unfortunately, the castle was closed, so I didn't get to check out the inside. However, I was able to pick up a few small things during the last week of the soldes. It was nice to get out of Lyon even if I didn't go to another country. I loved the colored homes in the one area of town.  The main attraction? The Elephant Fountain which commemorates Benoit Lebogne's trip to India. Check it out :)

Pondering the law

Cute little square

Mini Castle



I loved all the little alleys that connected streets. 

Optical Illusion


Elephant Fountain


The Cathedral

Sweet Stonework

The beginning of the Alps

An old abbey, turned historical museum

No comments:

Post a Comment